Thursday, January 14, 2010

R.I.P Richard Seay

I've never experienced a close death. I can honestly say I have been EXTREMELY fortunate to never have had to go through something like that. I know its coming in the future, and I also honestly don't know how I'm going to handle it if and when it does happen. I'm not at all emotionally strong in any way, and having not experienced any close deaths of any kind, I don't know when I'm going to be, at least to handle something like that, and it worries me.
On December 13th, 2010, History teacher Richard Seay passed away. At the moment there is a lot of speculation as of to HOW and WHY he die. I remember being on facebook and just seeing the R.I.Ps FLARE up and and I felt a soft spot in my heart, although I didn't personally know Mr.Seay. This morning at school, the WARMTH and compassion for this man and every thing he stood for was just spectacular. My History teacher whose honestly a very strong woman, just broke down in class and I honestly couldn't take it for awhile. I knew this wasn't just another death and as I heard people talk about what a great teacher he was, and how he loved his students as his own, I realized his time was WAY too short. Our principle made it a note to say that "YOU NEVER KNOW HOW LONG YOU'LL HAVE, SO LIVE IT UP." And the arguing that went on afterwards was just RIDICULOUS. A student made a note to remind us that we absolutely DON'T know how much time we have left, and that honestly fighting and hating and thinking about tommorow doesn't do any good. I'm glad she was able to think of this, even in the midst of what was going on. So I say today honestly, I AM, INCREDIBLY fortunate for everything I have, and to honestly be alive, becuase some things I've done and places I've gone to were not some of the safest places. I value my life, my family, my friends, and I challenge you to do the same.




No comments:

Post a Comment